Monday, October 10, 2016

Sumac Avocado Toast


Earlier this year I ate a very delicious meal at a middle eastern restaurant. One thing that really caught my attention was the reddish brown spice that was sprinkled on my salad. It had a tangy lemony flavor that I loved! I asked the waiter what it was, and armed with the name - Sumac - hit google. 

Turns out sumac is a red berry that's related to poison sumac, that when dried and ground makes for some very good eating. I ordered some off Amazon and have been adding it all kinds of foods since. 

My favorite so far though? Sumac Avocado Toast. It's so simple there isn't even a recipe. Slices of a crusty baguette topped with perfectly ripe avocado, with some  salt and fresh cracked black pepper, and a generous shake of sumac. Pair this with an omelet and I've got lunch. 


You won't regret it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment